I know that we have a new Board in place for HIE and I’m hopeful that the bad behavior by some Directors in the recent past will not reoccur. However, some of that bad behavior was truly egregious and unlawful and has cost the Associations thousands of dollars in legal fees.
It’s my opinion that transparency, community engagement and education about...
what’s allowed, what’s not, and what can be done to stop bad behavior in its tracks, is the best defense to a Board abusing their power and misusing funds.An active, engaged community is also in everyone's interest because it's VERY attractive to future owners and will help increase the property values in our corner of paradise in Harbour Isle East. A positive, friendly community that’s not at war with itself that also holds everyone accountable to our governing documents, rules and regulations can only help us keep fees and expenses low.
And, just to reiterate what I say in the MISSION STATEMENT, it's my intention to work WITH the Board of Directors, the Community Manager and anyone else to make this community even better than it is now. I am not trying to be a thorn in their side. I’m ready to help.
The comments sections are wide open and I'm open to all feedback. I look forward to your thoughts…
No comments:
Post a Comment