Friday, February 3, 2023

FYI: The Vote for the Management Contract was a Sham

 I just sent this email to Jacob Ensor with the following attached documents:

3UE6 Harbour Isle at Hutchinson Island East 2019-12-01 adden (1).pdf

3UE6 Harbour Isle at Hutchinson Island East 2023-01-01 contract.pdf

BOARD MEETING FEB 1, 2023 Agenda.pdf

Mr. Ensor,

PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT

It looks like we have a serious problem with the “order of operations” that the Board followed in approving the new management contract between First Service Residential and Harbour Isle East HOA. 

3:37 pm on 2/1/2023 Charity Gruwell of First Service Residential emailed me two contracts. The complete email thread is below and both contracts are attached exactly as they were sent to me.

One of the documents she sent is 3UE6 Harbour Isle at Hutchinson Island East 2023-01-01 contract.pdf. Shockingly, I just realized this morning that it is a fully executed management contract dated 1/14/2023.

At 6:00 pm on 2/1/2023 the Board meeting was called to order. Item 6b on the Agenda (attached) was Board Approval to Renew a 2 Year Management Contract with First Service Residential.

The Board members read from a script, literally, which must have been written by Dawn and/or Kevin, and their performances were Oscar-worthy. Everyone in the Clubhouse was fooled. I sincerely hope that Mike Wallace, Tim Donovan, Michael Hucks and Gary Mitchell weren’t all in on it as they pretended to make motions, pretended to second the motions, pretended to take questions from the members in attendance as if it actually counted, and then pretended to vote.

All the while, Kevin and Dawn – at the very least – knew the contract had been signed 2 weeks earlier. It was ALL for show.

I attempted, for at least a week, to get my hands on these contracts – BEFORE the meeting – and I was completely stonewalled. Dawn stood and called me a liar at the meeting for questioning her about her failure to provide the documents.

I look forward to your response and request a citation of the various state laws that are implicated here.

It’s my view that, at a minimum, the Board and FS Residential should immediately revert back to the prior year’s management contract and restart this process without Dawn and Kevin’s input. I believe it would be in the Association’s best interest to open the management contract up for bids and community input.

2 comments:

  1. I believe Tim voted against

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's true. I included all Board members because I was just trying to say "I don't know who knew about this". I applaud Tim for being independent. He vocalized one of his reasons for voting "No" but I wasn't sure which Directors, other than Kevin, knew it had already been executed. Sorry to Tim and I'll reach out. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete